How to Login and Deposit in Coinbase
By Coinbase Blog
How to Login to Coinbase
How to Login Coinbase account【PC】
- Go to mobile Coinbase App or Website.
- Click on “Sign in” in the upper right corner.
- Enter your "Email" and "Password".
- Click on “SIGN IN” button.
- If you forgot password, click on “Forgot Password”.
On the Log-in page, enter your [Email] and password that you specified during registration. Click "SIGN IN" button.
After that you have to enter the verification code from your device.
After entering correct verification code, you can successfully use your Coinbase account to trade.
Open the Coinbase App you downloaded, then click on "Sign in" to go to the log-in page.
How to Login Coinbase account【APP】
On the Log in page, enter your email address and password that you specified during registration. Click "Sign In" button
Then you also enter the verification code from your device.
After entering correct verification code, you can successfully use your Coinbase account to trade
What youll need to regain account access
Lost email access
If you lost access to the email address you used to create your Coinbase account, well need to go through a few steps to help you access your account.
Before you start, you will need the following:
- The password associated with your Coinbase account
- Access to your 2-step verification method
- Access to the verified phone number on your Coinbase account
Regain access to your account
First, go to the account access page and follow these steps to update your email address (you must have 2-step verification for these steps to work):
- Sign in using your previous email address and password
- Enter your 2-step verification token
- Select I no longer have access to my email address when you are prompted to verify your new device
- Enter your new email address—well send you an email to this account
- Confirm your new email address by selecting the blue button in the email you received
- Enter your 2-step verification code as you normally would
- Select your ID type
- Please note for US customers, we only accept valid state drivers licenses at this time
If you dont have 2-step verification or only have SMS text
Youll need to get in touch with Coinbase Support to regain access to your account. Do this by scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting Contact us.
When will this process complete?
The account recovery process usually takes 48 hours to complete but can sometimes take longer. After 24 hours, you should be able to sign in to your account and complete buys and sells. After 48 hours, you should have full trading capabilities restored. For your security, sends will be disabled on your account until the full security period has passed. If you sign in before the security period is complete, you’ll receive a pop-up notification informing you that sends are temporarily disabled.
If you are unable to access your phone number on file (or your account does not have 2-step verification enabled), then it will not be possible to update your email address. Please contact Coinbase Support if this is the case.
Reset my passwordI cant remember my password
If you forget your password, please follow these steps to reset it:
1. Visit the Login page, click "Forgot Password?"
2. Enter the email address associated to your Coinbase account and select "RESET PASSWORD" to receive an email.
3. From the email, select Reset password to open a window where youll enter a new password. If you run into trouble, please see the next section for help.
4. Enter your new password in the Choose A Password and Confirm Password fields, then select UPDATE PASSWORD.
5. You can now sign in with your new password.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Coinbase takes a number of steps to ensure the security of our customers accounts. These include enforcing strong passwords, two-factor authentication, and device verification.
Why cant I reset my password?
When a customer attempts to reset their password, we take precautions to ensure that it is a legitimate request. This means that our customers may only reset their passwords from devices they have previously verified, or from locations they have previously logged in from. This requirement provides a safeguard against attempts to illegitimately reset your password.
If you are having trouble resetting your password, you will need to:
- Reset it from a device you have previously used to access Coinbase.
- Reset it from a location (IP address) youve previously used to access Coinbase.
If you no longer have access to a previously validated device or IP address, please contact Coinbase Support so we can have a member of our security team assist you with a password reset.
Important: Coinbase Support will NEVER ask for your account password or 2-step verification codes.
As noted above, Coinbase only processes password reset requests from devices that have been previously authorized to access your account. If you are resetting your password from a new device, our system may delay the processing time for 24 hours in the interest of keeping your account secure. This can be bypassed by resetting your password from a previously verified device.
Why will my password reset require 24 hours to process?
Note: If you do not have a previously authorized device, please do not make additional attempts to log in. Each new attempt resets the clock and will prolong the delay.
How to Deposit in Coinbase
There are several types of payment methods that you can link to your Coinbase account:
Payment methods for US customers
|Best for||Buy||Sell||Add cash||Cash out||Speed|
|Bank Account (ACH)||Large and small investments||✔||✔||✔||✔||3-5 business days|
|Instant Cashouts to bank accounts||Small withdrawals||✘||✘||✘||✔||Instant|
|Debit Card||Small investments and cashouts||✔||✘||✘||✔||Instant|
|Wire Transfer||Large investments||✘||✘||✔||✔||1-3 business days|
|PayPal||Small investments and cashouts||✔||✘||✔||✔||Instant|
|Apple Pay||Small investments||✔||✘||✘||✘||Instant|
|Google Pay||Small investments||✔||✘||✘||✘||Instant|
To link a payment method:
- Go to the Payment Methods on web or select Settings Payment Methods on mobile.
- Select Add a payment method.
- Select the type of account you want to link.
- Follow the instructions to complete verification depending on the type of account being linked.
Please note: Coinbase does not accept physical checks or checks from bill pay services as a payment method to purchase cryptocurrency or to transfer cash into a users USD wallet. Any such checks received by Coinbase will be voided and destroyed.
There are several types of payment methods that you can link to your Coinbase account. For more information on all the payment methods available to US customers, visit this help page.
How do I add a US payment method on the mobile app?
To link a payment method:
- Tap icon as below
- Select Profile Settings.
- Select Add a payment method.
- Select the payment method you want to link.
- Follow the instructions to complete verification depending on the type of payment method being linked.
Adding a payment method while buying crypto
1. Tap the icon below at the bottom.
2. Select Buy and then select the asset you’d like to purchase.
3. Select Add a payment method. (If you already have a payment method linked, tap your payment method to open up this option.)
4. Follow the instructions to complete verification depending on the type of payment method being linked.
If you link your bank account, please note that your banking credentials are never sent to Coinbase, but are shared with an integrated, trusted third-party, Plaid Technologies, Inc., to facilitate instant account verification.
How do I buy cryptocurrency with a credit or debit card in Europe and the UK?You can buy cryptocurrency with a credit or debit card if your card supports "3D Secure". With this payment method, you will not have to pre-fund your account to buy cryptocurrency. You can purchase cryptocurrency instantly without waiting for a bank transfer to complete.
To find out if your card supports 3D Secure, contact your credit/debit card provider directly or simply try adding it to your Coinbase account. You will get an error message if your card does not support 3D Secure.
Some banks require security steps to authorize a purchase using 3D Secure. These may include text messages, a bank provided security card, or security questions.
Please note, this method is not available for customers outside of Europe and the UK.
The following steps will get you started:
- When logged into your account, go to the Payment methods page
- Select Add a Credit/Debit Card at the top of the page
- Enter your card information (The address must match the billing address for the card)
- If needed, add a billing address for the card
- You should now see a window that says Credit Card Added and a Buy Digital Currency option
- You can now buy digital currency using the Buy/Sell Digital Currency page anytime
The following steps will walk you through the 3DS purchase process:
- Go to the Buy/Sell Digital Currency page
- Enter the desired amount
- Select the card on the payment methods drop down menu
- Confirm the order is correct and select Complete Buy
- You will be directed to your banks website (Process differs depending on bank)
How do I use my local currency wallet (USD EUR GBP)?
Your local currency wallet allows you to store funds denominated in that currency as funds in your Coinbase account. You can use this wallet as a source of funds to make instant purchases. You can also credit this wallet from the proceeds of any sale. This means you can instantly buy and sell on Coinbase, exchanging between your local currency wallet and your digital currency wallets.
In order to activate your local currency wallet, you must:
- Reside in a supported state or country.
- Upload an identification document issued in your state or country of residence.
Set Up a Payment Method
In order to move local currency into and out of your account, youll need to set up a payment method. These methods will vary depending on your location. More information on various payment types can be found below:
- Payment Methods for US Customers
- Payment Methods for European Customers
- Payment Methods for UK Customers
Countries and states with access to local currency wallets
For customers in the US, local currency wallets are only available to states where Coinbase is either licensed to engage in money transmission, where it has determined that no such license is currently required, or where licenses are not yet being issued with respect to Coinbases business. This includes all US states with the exception of Hawaii.
Supported European markets include:
Currently, only US customers are able to buy cryptocurrency or add US dollars using PayPal.
Can I buy cryptocurrency or add cash using PayPal?
All other customers are only able to use PayPal to cash out or sell, and transaction availability depends on region.
Buy-in and cash out limits (US only):
|US Transaction Type||USD||Rolling Limits|
|Cash out||$25,000||24 hours|
|Cash out||$10,000||Per transaction|
|Add cash or buy||$1,000||24 hours|
|Add cash or buy||$1,000||Per transaction|
Payout/cash out limits (Non-US)
The following table lists all supported PayPal transactions by region:
|Local Currency||Buy||Add Cash||Cash Out*||Sell|
|UK||EUR GBP||None||None||EUR GBP||None|
*Cash out refers to a direct Fiat movement from a Fiat Wallet to an external source.
*Sell refers to an indirect Fiat movement from a Crypto Wallet to Fiat then to an external source.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I verify my bank info?
When you add a payment method, two small verification amounts will be sent to your payment method. You must enter these two amounts correctly in your payment methods from your Settings in order to finish verifying your payment method.
Linking your bank account is only available in these regions at this time: US, (most of) EU, UK.
In some cases, you may need to contact your bank.
Bank verification amounts are sent to your bank and appear on your online statement and on your paper statement. For faster verification, youll need to access your online bank account and search for Coinbase.
For bank accounts, the two amounts will be sent as credits. If you dont see your credits, please try the following:
- Check your upcoming or pending transactions in your online bank account
- You may need to check your full bank statement, as these transactions may be omitted from some online banking apps and websites. A paper statement may be necessary
- If you dont see these transactions, speak with your bank to help track down any hidden or omitted details on your statement. Some banks will merge the verification credits, showing only the total amount
- If none of the previous options work, visit your payment methods page and remove and re-add the bank to have the credits sent again. Re-sending the verification credits will void the first pair sent, so you may end up with more than one pair of verification credits
If you are using an "online bank" or similar banking product offered by your bank, you may not receive the verification credits. In this case, the only option is to try another bank account.
For cards, these verification amounts will be sent as charges. Coinbase will make two test charges to the card of amounts between 1.01 and 1.99 in your local currency. These should appear in the recent activity section of your card issuers website as pending or processing charges.
- Charges for exactly 1.00 are not used for card verification and can be ignored. These are caused by the card processing network, and are separate from the Coinbase verification amounts
- Neither the verification amounts nor the 1.00 charges will post to your card—they are temporary. They will display as pending for up to 10 business days, then disappear.
If you dont see the verification amounts in your card activity, please try the following:
- Wait 24 hours. Some card issuers may take longer to display the pending amounts
- If you dont see the test charges appear after 24 hours, contact your bank or card issuer to ask if they can provide the amounts of any pending Coinbase authorizations
- If your card issuer is unable to find the charges, or if the amounts have already been removed, return to the payment methods page and select verify next to your card. You will see an option to re-charge your card at the bottom
- Sometimes your card issuer may flag one or all of these verification amounts as fraudulent and block the charges. If that is the case, you will need to contact your card issuer to stop the blocking, and then restart the verification process
If you receive an "Address did not match" error when adding a Visa or MasterCard debit card, it means the information you entered may not be verifying correctly with your credit cards issuing bank.
How to successfully verify a billing address
To fix this error:
- Confirm that there are no missing characters or misspellings in the name and address you entered, and that the card number you are entering is correct.
- Make sure that the billing address you are entering is the same billing address that is on file with your card provider. If you have recently moved, for example, this information may be out of date.
- Enter only the street address on line 1. If your address contains an apartment number, do not add the apartment number in line 1.
- Contact your credit cards service number and verify the exact spelling of your name and address on file.
- If your address is on a numbered street, spell out the name of your street. For example, enter "123 10th St." as "123 Tenth St."
- If at this point you still receive an "address did not match" error please contact Coinbase support.
Also note that only Visa and MasterCard debit cards are supported at this time. Prepaid cards or cards without residential billing addresses, even those with the Visa or MasterCard logo, are not supported.
Some payment methods such as credit and debit cards may require you to confirm all transactions with your bank. After starting a transaction, you may be sent to your banks website to authorize the transfer (Not applicable to US customers).
When will I receive my cryptocurrency from my card purchase?
Funds will not be debited from your bank, or credited to your Coinbase account, until the authorization process on your banks site is complete (US customers will see the bank transfer complete immediately with no confirmation through your bank). This process usually only takes a few minutes. If you choose to not authorize the transfer, no funds will be transferred and the transaction will usually expire after about one hour.
Note: Only applicable to certain US, EU, AU, and CA customers.
You can purchase or sell as little as 2.00 of digital currency denominated in your local currency ($2 or €2 for example).
What is the minimum amount of cryptocurrency that I can purchase?
Tags how to login coinbase how to login to coinbase coinbase account log in coinbase login app coinbase login log in to coinbase coinbase login mobile coinbase sign in coinbase account sign in coinbase web login sign in to coinbase login to coinbase login coinbase app login in coinbase sign in to coinbase.us sign in coinbase us sign into coinbase how to sign in to coinbase coinbase password reset coinbase password recovery coinbase password change coinbase deposit money coinbase deposit bank coinbase deposit bitcoin coinbase deposit bank transfer coinbase deposit to bank coinbase deposit cash coinbase deposit credit card coinbase deposit crypto coinbase deposit debit card deposits coinbase coinbase deposit eur coinbase btc deposit coinbase deposit from paypal coinbase deposit gbp coinbase how deposit coinbase deposit inr coinbase deposit money from paypal coinbase deposit paypal coinbase deposit pounds coinbase deposit to debit card coinbase deposit with credit card coinbase deposit usd coinbase deposit usdt coinbase deposit via paypal coinbase deposit visa coinbase deposit with paypal coinbase deposit with card coinbase deposit with bank coinbase buy bitcoin coinbase buy with credit card coinbase buy bnb coinbase buy bitcoin with credit card coinbase buy bitcoin with paypal coinbase buy crypto with credit card coinbase buy crypto with paypal coinbase buy crypto with cash coinbase buy crypto with usd coinbase buy debit card coinbase buy ethereum coinbase buy usdt how to trade coinbase